Solar Projects Intern – Little Sun Foundation e.V.
The Little Sun Foundation seeks a full-time Solar Projects Intern for our Berlin office for 6 months, starting as soon as possible. The internship pays 500€ per month.
The Little Sun Foundation, founded by the artist Olafur Eliasson, gives clean solar energy to people who lack energy access. We work with humanitarian and development organizations to bring high-quality, durable, long-lasting solar products to displaced persons and school children who would otherwise not have access to clean energy at all. We support rural communities accessing solar energy for productive use, creating new livelihood opportunities. Our solar education programs aim to provide children with tools and knowledge that empower them to shape a sustainable future for themselves and for the planet.
During your internship, you will be responsible for:
- Researching on productive use of renewable energy in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Supporting solar project implementation in Ethiopia, Senegal and Burkina Faso
- Undertaking fundraising research
- Supporting grant writing
- Potentially supporting the development of Little Sun’s sustainability strategy, aiming at improving Little Sun’s overall carbon footprint
- Studying development studies, international relations, project management, or any other relevant field
- Possibly at least one past experience in a developing country
- Passionate about renewable energy in a developing context
- Working knowledge of French is a strong plus
- Very organized, solution-oriented, with a high-level of autonomy at work
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The internship should be a mandatory part of your university program. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this will be a remote internship (you can work from wherever you are based), but intensive digital onboarding and close online supervision and team work will be provided throughout the internship duration.
We are looking forward to your application as soon as possible and no later than 20 September 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org.