Fundraising and Solar Projects Intern (m/w/d)
Little Sun seeks a full-time Fundraising and Solar Projects Intern for our Berlin office for 6 months, starting in March or April. The internship is paid.
Little Sun is a non-profit organization dedicated to designing and delivering affordable clean energy solutions and inspiring people to take climate action. Founded by the contemporary artist Olafur Eliasson, Little Sun “puts the power of the sun in your hands” through a suite of artfully-designed solar devices, livelihood programs and renewable energy and climate advocacy efforts. Little Sun products make light and safety possible for refugees, help students extend study hours in areas without electricity, and allow public health workers to charge their phones in remote locations, among others.
After eight years in operation, Little Sun has distributed over one million solar powered products globally and is a leader in emotionally engaging communications on renewable energy. We are embarking on an ambitious new strategy which will take the organization deeper in select countries (especially Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Senegal and Zambia) to support families and communities to move up the energy access ladder by using solar power for agriculture, small-scale enterprise and healthcare.
During your internship, you will be responsible for:
- Researching and contacting new potential supporters of the Little Sun Foundation, such as development cooperation agencies, private foundations, corporations, individual donors and donors’ consortia
- Supporting grant writing on selected opportunities
- Researching on productive use of renewable energy in Sub-Saharan Africa, pertaining in particular to agricultural transformation
- Supporting solar project implementation in Senegal, Burkina Faso and Ethiopia
- Potentially supporting the development of Little Sun’s sustainability strategy, aiming at improving Little Sun’s overall carbon footprint
- Studying development studies, international relations, business administration, project management, or any other relevant field
- Possibly at least one past experience in a developing country
- Passionate about renewable energy in a developing context
- Working knowledge of French is a requirement
- Very organized, solution-oriented, with a high-level of autonomy at work
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The internship should be a mandatory part of your university program. You should have the legal right to work in the European Union. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this will be a remote internship (you can work from wherever you are based), but intensive digital onboarding and close online supervision and team work will be provided throughout the internship duration.
We actively encourage applicants from disadvantaged and underrepresented backgrounds, ethnicities, and communities, and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by Little Sun.
Little Sun is an equal opportunity employer. Little Sun recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
We are looking forward to your application as soon as possible and no later than 14 March 2021 at jobs@littlesun.