Supply Chain Manager
Do you want to be part of a diverse, exciting team? Do you want to work in a creative environment towards a clearly defined goal? Little Sun is a social business and global project founded by artist Olafur Eliasson and engineer Frederik Ottesen to get clean, reliable, affordable energy to the 1.1 billion people in the world living in off-grid areas without electricity. Little Sun has produced over 500.000 product units to date, and our design and development-engineering team is working hard on managing production and in addition introducing further products. All products are currently produced in Mainland China and our team is based in Berlin, Germany.
Little Sun is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team. We are based in Berlin, Germany, and look for someone who works closely with us and our well-known contract manufacturer in Mainland China. You will be a key person in our start-up organization and enhancing control of our supply chain.
- Oversee work of our Senior Quality & Engineering Manager based in Hong Kong
- Optimize and manage workflow between us and our external Chinese partners
- Support in establishing and controlling internal and external processes in regards to
- Product development management
- Production management
- Quality management
- Improve and manage the company’s sourcing capabilities
- Establish continuing production and development reporting system
- Report to head management
- Experience in electronic products mass manufacturing.
- A track record of successfully producing (electronic) products with increasingly more responsibility (e.g. individual contributor, team lead, production manager)
- Hands-on mentality
- Willingness to travel to Hong Kong and Chinese partners if required
- You have empathy for the different stakeholders of complex processes and work with a focus on solutions and efficiency, motivating and guiding all participants to ensure best results.
- Based in Berlin.
- Comfortable in being the main link between our European based company and Chinese developing and manufacturing partners.
- Chinese cultural / negotiation skills a benefit
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org asap since we want to fill the position soon.
For more information about our company and products please visit: